Tajikistan Visa Requirements
The passport holders of the following nationalities (countries) are eligible to enter Tajikistan without visa.
- Afghanistan – with Diplomatic passports up to 30 days
- Azerbaijan – for diplomatic, official and the ordinary passports up to 90 days
- Russian Federation
- North of Korea – for diplomatic, service passports
- South of Korea – for diplomatic, service passports up to 90 days
- China – for diplomatic, official and service passports of common mission up to 30 days
- Brunei – Darussalam – for diplomatic, service passports up to 14 days
- Hungary – for diplomatic and service passports up to 90 days
- Romania – for diplomatic and service passports up to 90 days
- Pakistan – for diplomatic passports up to 90 days
- India – for diplomatic and service passports up to 30 days
- The Islamic Republic of Iran – for diplomatic and service passports up to 30 days
- Turkmenistan – for diplomatic passports up to 30 days
- Ukraine – for diplomatic, official and the ordinary passports up to 90 days
Visa at the airport
Tajikistan has simplified visa obtaining for the citizens of 81 countries to promote tourism and create favorable conditions for investors. The rules differ if there is a Tajik embassy in the applicant’s home-country.
Citizens of the following countries with no Embassy or the Consulate of the Republic of Tajikistan will be able to obtain tourist visa upon arrival. For this, it is required to fill out online application on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Tajikistan and make the payment of 5 USD for consideration of your application. MFA of the Republic of Tajikistan will review the application during 1-5 days and send back confirmation to the electronic address of the applicant. Based on this confirmation, one can get the tourist visa at the airports of Dushanbe and Khujand. Picking a visa at the airport will cost 35 USD. But for entering the country through border crossing points e-visa (www.evisa.tj) will be needed; it will cost 52 USD. List of countries eligible to collect visa at the airport include:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Stateless persons who were citizens of the Republic of Tajikistan
E-visa or simplified visa
Citizens of the following countries are not eligible for visa upon arrival, as there is an embassy or consulate of the Republic of Tajikistan in their home country. Still, the visa application procedure is simplified; they only need to fill out the application on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan. After, MFA of Tajikistan will review the application during 1-5 days and send a confirmation to the electronic address of the applicant inviting to the interview, where they will photograph and take fingerprints.
They also can obtain electronic visa on the website www.evisa.tj that will free from the hassle of visiting the embassy. E-visa will cost 52 USD.
Simplified visa procedures or e-visa are applicable to the following nationalities:
- Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- India (in terms of categories of visas “Diplomatic” and “Service’)
- The Republic of Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- Pakistan ( in the categories of visas “Diplomatic” and “Service’)
- Saudi Arabia
Standard visa to Tajikistan
If your country of residence is not included in any of the above mentioned lists, you can obtain visa to Tajikistan in any country where there is an embassy or the consulate of the Republic of Tajikistan. The list of documents, as well as amount of consular fees may differ depending on the citizenship of the applicant and the point of visa issue. Application fee starts from 25 USD. Standard documents package for Tajik visa include:
- Visa support (invitation);
- Valid passport with 2 clear pages for visa and entry/exit stamps. Six months validity rule is imposed.
- Visa application* in 2 copies;
- Colorful photo (3,5 x 4,5);
- Receipt on payment of state duty and consular fee;
- (!) If you plan to visit Gorno-Badakhsan Autonomous region a.k.a Pamir region, you should submit a letter requesting a permit.
* Tajikistan tourist visa application is available here. This application is accepted in all embassies and consulates of the Republic of Tajikistan.